Kat is doing a special introductory offer for her 3 hour In Person Kintsugi workshops in Los Angeles!
Date and Time: Sunday July 18th. from 2pm-5pm PST at an Undisclosed Location in Los Angeles. (The address will be sent to participants).
You will get an e-mail with an invite to the venue a week before the workshop.
- A Kintsugi Kit with:
- Unique Modern Japan Lacquer made from Cashew Nut (safer and faster drying than traditional lacquer made from poison sumac)
- Japanese Dental Epoxy (putty)
- Bronze powder
- Kintsugi booklet by Kintsugi Master Kunio Nakamura
- Super Glue
- Paint brush
- Two kinds of sand paper
- A shell palette for the lacquer
- A special gift from Kat
What you will need to provide (at home to continue your work, Kat will bring these to the workshop) :
- Paint thinner (nail polish remover, turpenoid, or alcohol for cleaning can work)
- rags or tissues to clean
- News paper or a surface to work on that can get dirty
- Something that is broken or chipped (for first timers, we recommend something that is not too shattered. A chip or small crack will be perfect )
- masking tape (that is not too strong)
*Kits are valued at $100 and can mend approximately 20 small pieces of broken pottery. * Kits will be brought to the workshop so all you need to bring is your broken ceramics and you can take your kit home with you. * Please kindly wear a mask at this workshop if you have not been fully vaccinated by this date.